Friday, September 21, 2007

Working on it!!!





Some of the tatters from Here-be-tatters may recognize the hair sticks that I talked about at one time. I used chop sticks, cut them down a bit, sanded them some, varnished them, and painted them with different colors. Some I have painted small patterns on, and I gotta say that that is pretty hard to do. Some of them, I found some scrapbooking paper that matched them pretty well, so I have been decoupaging them.
You can also see the lovely jewelry displays that I bought off e-bay. I thought they would look nice in the pictures, and they would have looked better if I had found a decent backdrop for them.
The necklace was actually started some time ago, but finished only in the last week. It has orange, gold, and brown beads. It has a very Autumn feel to it and I think it is very pretty. I plan to give it to my daughter Mary Elizabeth who is turning 20 years old on Monday. She works at the Cracker Barrel in Lumberton, NC, and I think the necklace will look cute with her apron. I do hope that she will be allowed to wear it.
The bracelet is peach, mint green and white and is also for Mary. Just a cute little bling-bling for my girl. She actually looks very good in these colors, but preferrs to wear black more often than not. Go figure!
The ring is from a new pattern book that I bought off Amazon. I bought the beads at the Beaded Venus store here in Charleston, SC. The ring is very pretty and has a winter feel to it. But the spacers, which were way to expensive, aren't right for it. They need to be flat somehow, but the ring in the picture in the book with the pattern used the same kind of spacers. The book has a lot of very beautiful rings in it, and I will be making some more of them. I love rings, they are my favorite piece of jewelry. After rings is earrings.
I have an idea for the state fair which will be here in Charleston at the end of October. I want to put together a tatting exhibit. I do not know that many other people that tat around here and I want to generate some interest. Purely selfish reasons really, I am very lonely, and want some new friends to spend some time with. I'll post some pictures of that soon. And I want to enter the pie baking contest. If anyone has any suggestions, please post me a comment.
Bright Blessings to all!!!!

No comments: