Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Thank Heavens it's over!!!



So, I'm thinking that it is time for a good long nap.

Christmas is over, now we have New Years Eve in a week and then the very next week is my birthday, ugh!! I use to consider myself rather important because my birthday falls in this holiday succession, now I know I'm just a contributor to the mayhem. No hate mail, please!!

As for Christmas, it was not as bad as I thought it would be. The one major problem that I have with Alex's family is that they are very dry. They don't laugh, they don't joke, they don't even seem to want to have fun. At Thanksgiving in North Carolina, we laughed a lot and that memory is very fond one for me now. This Christmas will just pass by, most likely forgotten by next week. I really wish they would change a bit. I know I have no right to think that, but this Christmas was really no different then the one they had last year. I suppose I should think about it economically. When asked what their Christmas was like, they don't have to remember a specific Christmas because they are just all the same.

While I know that Christmas is over, I still feel like I have things to do. I have been making gifts for the past two months. Every weekend crocheting something to be a gift for someone. Then suddenly there is nothing that HAS to be done. I'm lost. Can't seem to get the stress to wind down. And I am thinking about my Birthday too. Birthday's stopped being easy for me when I turn 30. This January the 8th, I will be 39. Forty is banging very loudly at my door. Honestly, I always hoped I'd be dead by forty. Lately, I've come to reconsider that notion, and am now considering 50 to be just too damn old. Got to be gone by then, rrrrr, maybe sixty, but definitely by sixty!!

I hope you all have a very Happy and Blessed New Year!!!

Blessed Be!!

No comments: