Monday, October 22, 2007

Witches Hat Exchange

I got pictures.


This is the hat that I recieved in the mail this past Saturday.














Isn't it cute?!! It is felted, which I do not know how to do, so I will make sure that I ask.

This is the hat that I made for the person that I was suppose to make a hat for, aka. Pecan or Lisa Hale.


In the descriptions and color choices she said she wanted Purple. So here is a purple witches hat with a little black faux fur for the brim. I think it came out beautifully, and I am not a big fan of purple.




The little tatted design on the front is a Mark Myers tatting pattern. It's a cat with green eyes, I put some beads on to give the kitty green eyes, that was the only thing I did differently to the pattern. If any of you have worked with any of Mark Myers patterns, he is a very gifted designer and very creative and as long as you follow the pattern, you just can't go wrong. He has several Halloween patterns on his website, all of which would have looked fabulous on this hat. But... time just didn't allow. This pattern is removable. I did not stitch it on, so Pecan can place it wherever she likes, or remove it to someplace else all together.


This was a very fun exchange that I was very excited about and thoroughly enjoyed.

Bright blessings to all!!!

No comments: